Practices for Organizations
Take any necessary steps to secure systems that enable remote access, such as:
- Test the current capacity of secure remote access solutions and increase the capacity if necessary.
- Ensure that business continuity plans are up-to-date.
- Increase the awareness of IT support mechanisms for employees who work remotely and clearly outline the steps to take in the event of a security incident.
- Update Incident Response plans to consider workforce changes in a distributed environment
- Ensuring Virtual Private Network (VPNs) and other remote access systems are fully patched.
- Enhancing system monitoring to receive early detection and alerts on abnormal activity.
- Implementing multi-factor authentication (MFA).
- Ensuring all machines have properly configured firewalls, as well as anti-malware and intrusion prevention software installed.
Practices for the Workforce
- Review Tips on Avoiding Social Engineering and Phishing Scams for more information on recognizing and...